Monday, February 14, 2011

Atheism Challenge: Day 2

Disclaimer: These are my beliefs and feelings.  I don't ask that you subscribe to what I say but I do ask that you respect me and keep nasty comments to yourself.

Day 2: What religion did you grow up with? Did you have positive or negative experiences with religion?

I didn't really grow up with religion.  My mom is an agnostic, of sorts, and my dad is a holiday Catholic.  I tried going to a non-denominational Christian church during middle/high school when the youth group was the huge draw.  Overall, I would have to say my experience with religion in MS/HS was positive because I had fun with all of my friends every Wednesday and Friday.  I see religion causing a lot of hateful things in this world and that makes my heart hurt for humanity, though.

No comments: