1.5 c. AP Flour
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Salt
2 T. Lard (I use Crisco because I am in Korea and LARD scares me)
5 oz. Water
- Combine your dry ingredients in a food processor. Leave 1/8 c. of the flour out.
- Add the Lard.
- PULSE the mixture FIFTEEN TIMES (Do not pulse more than that because the dough will get to tough).
- Turn processor ON and add the water to the top to DRIZZLE in to the dough. Again, don't let the processor run past the incorporation of the water because the dough will get very tough.
- Sprinkle the last 1/8 c. of floor on a surface and knead in to the dough ball until all flour has been incorporated.
- Roll back in to a ball and quarter.
- Roll the four pieces in to balls and half each one.
- Roll all eight pieces in to balls.
- Take a Gallon baggie and cut the up the side seams and cut the zipper off. Use this to line your tortilla press.
- Smash each ball in the tortilla press between the baggie lining.
- Cook tortillas on a griddle until golden brown on each side.
- Store in a warmer with a paper towel between each tortilla until serving. Put in a zipper baggie for long term storage after they have cooled.