Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Chicken Tortilla-less Soup Recipe

As many of you know I have been on the Dukan Diet.  Lost 9 pounds as of this morning (2.5 weeks)!!  The hardest part has been coming up with things that I want to eat.  I have always been a huge cheese and carb person as opposed to the protein eater type.  Once I found cheese that was okay with the diet then I was even happier.

Tonight I decided to make Tortilla style soup that I am calling Chicken Tortilla-less soup.  I really should have taken a picture for you because it was beautiful.  

Here is what I threw in the pot:

1 can RoTel (I <3 this stuff it is so versatile when cooking Mexican or Tex-Mex) (if you don't want it spicy then you can go with a can of diced tomatoes instead)
2 cloves garlic minced
1 pound chicken breasts diced (be good shredded too)
4 cups chicken broth
The following spices to taste:
Cilantro torn up
Cumin
Salt
Pepper

Boil until the chicken is cooked and top with some FF cheddar and more cilantro.

YUM!

No comments: