Monday, June 27, 2011

Day 17: A Hobby Of Yours

I am a knitter.  I also love to teach others to knit (just ask MommyTaco).  I taught myself how to knit using Lion Brand's "How to Knit" book during an especially snowy three month house sitting gig in AK.  I figured if I could keep my hands busy then I couldn't use them to stuff my face and get fat!

I am not a big fan of patterns because I have to pay attention to what I am doing.  I like to just knit while watching tv... use it to keep my hands busy while I zone out.  My favorite needles are Clover Bamboo Circular needles... I love the big chunky ones (like size 18) the best because they make such airy knits.  My favorite yarns are fun, glittery or the softest baby yarns.

I go through phases where I don't knit but I am currently working on a baby blanket for a friend.  It is a pattern I made up myself!

No comments: