Friday, June 3, 2011

MFF #43

It is Friday again... big exhale.  The last few weeks of school are so frantic/exhausting.  But here is to one more Monday and one more Friday then SY 2010-2011 is going to be put to bed.

It’s now June (woot!)… what plans do you have for the summer?
Well, I am going to teach a SAT math prep course for students Grades 7-10 for 2 weeks.  Then in July I will go to my hubby's change of command ceremony (the first ceremony of his I have been able to attend).  Then after that hubby will be on leave to burn up some of his extra days and we are planning a trip to the USA to vacation (how weird is it to say that?).  I am just glad that I have all of July and most of August without students to deal with at all.

What is your favorite summer memory as a kid?
Just riding my bike up and down third street with my friends.  There was one summer, I think I was in 4th grade, when my friend, Brenda, and I were in a lip sync contest and came in 2nd place.  That was fun.  Just the long days and nice weather is a great memory.  Also, anytime I went to the cabin with tasha and her family was good times... one time we had black ants falling on us all night long.  It was crazy.

If wild animals could be made pets without fear of them ever being dangerous, what kind of exotic animal would you want as a pet?
Maybe a Bald Eagle... they are beautiful.

Is there anything about deployments that you do like?
I like being able to have the bed staying mostly made and having the top sheet on the bed.  Hubby is a crazy sleeper who doesn't like the top sheet.

I’m starting to run out of questions again… so please give me a question you’d like to see (off-the-wall will most likely make it because we seem to have used a lot of the “traditional” ones).
When you vacation what type of vacation do you like to take (beach, historic, adventurous, food oriented, etc.)?

Have a good week, y'all!

2 comments:

Shelly said...

I'm a new follower from the fill-in. I think your trip around the USA as a vacation sounds like quite an adventure!

Sara said...

I feel the same way about the bed thing. Joe tears the bed apart EVERY night! So annoying!!