Thursday, September 29, 2011

MFF #60

Wow! How is it Friday?  The fact that the days are flying by so fast doesn't help with me needing to destress ONE BIT! Also, they are going too damn fast to find some "me" time to go to the gym... my doc prescribed it to help me with my stress levels, which was causing my fatigue.  I guess my body's natural defense to stress is to just go to bed.... and doc wants me to get myself high on good hormones through exercise but there is just not enough hours in the day... I have to figure it out somehow.  Anyway, here is some fun stuff.  Check out wifeofasailor.com for more.


I always feel like I’m 12 years old, but in reality, I’m 32.  I have a mind in the gutter although my mind apparently is dirtier than my students because I thought that when they were giggling at the perpendicular symbol in geometry it was because it looks like male anatomy but instead, I find out, that it is the same as the symbol for the F-word in Korean.  Yesterday, I also walked around singing the Scooby Doo theme song (I know all the words, who knew?) and put on a blue wig for no damn reason.

I wish my family understood better when I tell them I am stressed. This is mostly my husband.  He doesn't understand stress affecting you.  He thrives in it.  So, when the doc put me on an anti-stress regime including drugs my husband felt I had keeping it to myself and not confiding in him, which I sort of was because everytime I tried to talk to him he would say, "how are you stressed?"  We are working on this though.  Communication is something we do not do well at our house and we know it.

If you saw me when I am at a formal function, you’d think I was a total girly-girl, but if you saw me when I am hanging in the house, you’d think I was a tomboy through-and-through.  Even though, I am not even close to a tomboy at all.
I feel like I’m in a totally different universe when I am around a bunch of people who only have their kids to talk about, so I randomly start talking about my dogs.

In honor of this being MFF #60… 60 months ago (exactly 5 years ago, so September 30, 2006) I lived in Killeen, Texas and my life was totally different because I was brand new at my job at Time Mfg. in Waco, TX as an Installation Engineer - I hadn't switched to teaching yet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Installation engineer? I had no idea!

And I kinda liked the questions this week, if I do say so myself. Sometimes I think I come up with boring ones, but these were mostly fun.

Unknown said...

Yeah, my degree is in Mechanical Engineering.

Unknown said...

I like the questions this week too.