Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Words From the Students' Mouths...

Here are a few winners from the last week.  In case you are needing a Megan Dub-Yuh fix.  Hopefully, there will be time soon for a real blog... we'll just have to wait and see.

Story 1
Student: "Teacher, look." He holds up his hand where he has a WICKED hangnail on his thumb.  "Do you have a knife?"
Me: "Why do you need a knife?"
Student: "Because it hurts."
Me: "I don't have a knife but you can go to the nurse so you don't hurt yourself."
Student: "No, that's okay."  Sticks his thumb in his mouth and rips the skin with his teeth.  "Ow! That would have hurt less if you would've just given me a knife."

Story 2
I use a website to deliver information and homework assignments to the class.  While the students were working on their classwork I had the website on the board and it has a picture of me on it.  One student kept looking at the board and then back at me and so I said, "What are you doing?"
He told me, "Are you sure that is you up there?"
"Yes, I took the picture, it is me."
"Yeah, but it doesn't look like you.  You were FAT."
The picture on the left is the picture on the website from a year ago.  The picture on the left I took yesterday.
Story 3
"Teacher, can I go the nurse when he comes back?"
"Why what is wrong with you?"
"My stomach hurts."
"That's what is wrong with him..."
"Yeah, but I went to the park for art class and I am allergic to mosquitoes and I got bit a lot and my eye was swollen this morning... and there was this cream..."
"What does that have to do with your stomach?"
She shrugged.
"Well, can you wait till the Lesson is over at least."
"Yeah."

1 comment:

Fort Living Room said...

Hey lady! I have an award for you. Stop by to claim it: http://fortliving-room.blogspot.com/2011/09/its-good-day.html