Thursday, September 11, 2008

Update-opolis

It has been a crazy few weeks. I think I have gotten in to a groove but who knows... tomorrow could really suck and I will wish I hadn't said that. We have actually began learning Algebra II. There are a few stumbles so far... FRACTIONS! UGH! Also, I thought I would have a mutiny the other day because I refused to let them have calculators. Honestly, I think they have relied on calculators for too much so that they can't even do simple math. I know I am not gonna fix that problem they have but I am hoping to show at least ONE person that you don't ALWAYS need a damn calculator but who knows. Even telling them my story of showing up to a Calc test without my calculator and getting an A didn't phase them. They just looked at me like I was crazy.
Seventh period has been my most challenging class period because they are ready to go home... and most of them are coming from Athletics so they are amped up and so they just don't want to have to sit still and pay attention. They are the class most willing to volunteer for stuff and I think that is great. I hate having to say "I need three volunteers" over and over.
Well, overall I am enjoying my change of pace. The day goes fast. I ALWAYS have work to do and there is never a dull moment which is all a big change. I am just tryingg to be the teacher that I always liked but also the one that I wished some of my teachers would be... Again, we will just have to see. I still have 173 days to go for this year. Oh yeah and we have a HURRICANE coming. It might even still be a HURRICANE when it gets to us.

No comments: