Monday, October 6, 2008

Wowsah!

It has been a while since I have updated this blog. I am taking some time in my conference period to update everyone on the haps here in Killeen.

Work has been keeping me busy. I would have NEVER in a million years guessed how many hours it takes to be a successful teacher. Grading papers alone takes up most of the time in my day/week. Then there is everything else too and talk about mentally draining. I thought BEING a teenager was hard but being around teenagers seems to be just as hard. It is a rollercoaster that leaves me absolutely drained at the end of the day. I haven't cleaned my house or went to the grocery store in weeks because I just can't find the energy to do it when I do have time. I usually want to lay on the couch and play MarioKart Wii and be done with the day.

Adam is almost through with his Career Course. He will be finished in December and was issued orders to go to Fort Riley, KS in February where he will train for 8 weeks and then deploy from there to Iraq for MTT. In case you are not familiar with Army acronyms I can't tell you what this one is exactly but it is the Transition Team and he will be commanding 7 other soldiers as a team to work with Iraqi Special Forces to transition them to run their own country. It is all super scary because unlike last time it seems he will be in the thick of it. But fingers crossed that this country votes BLUE and transition means TRANSITION and not prep for the 100 year war. RIGHT?

Good news though. Adam is coming "home" to Texas for the Columbus Day weekend and we are going to take a trip to Austin and spend the night and live it up Sixth Street style... Drunken Monkey anyone? We are also heading to WA for Christmas!!! We had talked about going to NYC for a vacay but decided that home was where we need to be and Adam hasn't been home since we got married and if he doesn't go now it will be over 5 years till he is able to get back. He hasn't even met his nephews yet.

Well there's the bell.

No comments: