Friday, August 27, 2010

TEN TEN TEN (MFF #10)

Week one of school is over!  We have survived it in survival mode since a lot of stuff that was ordered still isn't in yet.  I don't have a key to my room despite some people having master keys.  This lead to a minor freak out when I got to work at 7AM this morning and my door was locked.  Thankfully there are those with master keys and one of those people was having breakfast in the cafeteria. Hey! We are done with this week though.  I have a whopping 29 students in three preps + 2 study hall classes.  The sixth graders are going to be the toughest though.  I am just not used to a room of little kids.  They are wearing me out.  Anyway, this isn't why you are here.  Let's get to the nitty gritty.

Thanks to wifeofasailor for the questions every week.  If you are new to the game and want to play just click on the button.

This week's questions:
What secret indulgence do you act on while your spouse is away?
Having a top sheet.  Adam doesn't like sleeping with a top sheet and when I try to sneak one on he gets it all messed up and it drives me crazy.  I have tried the folding it in half for my side of the bed thing but it just doesn't work well.  So, top sheets for me.  Even though I am reading secret indulgence and this isn't really a secret.  My other quirky thing I would do when I was in the States when Adam would leave would to go to Target and get some new sheets.  They have the best bedding section and I would always end up there when Adam was gone for a long term.

If you were a spice, what would you be?
I have no freaking clue so I found the What Spice Are You quiz and it told me...

You Are Ginger

Like ginger, you are a total shape shifter.
You can be sweet, spicy, mellow, or overpowering.
You are both soothing and unique. You are popular... yet you are often overlooked.

Where do you go for support when your significant other is deployed?
My mom.  She is one of my best friends and when Adam is deployed we talk daily and I look forward to the time when she is off work and I can call her.

What is the oldest thing you own?
My blue blankie.  I got from my grandmother when I was four when I had hernia surgery.  It has been lovingly worn and I still love it.  My brother hated it growing up and said it had the same texture as puke and he called it puke blanket.  Unfortunately my doggies have come to love it too and occasionally it smells bad from them curling up in it at night, yes it still is in bed with me.  AND the worst of it is I left it at my parent's house when I moved to Korea.  :(

How did you vision your future pre-military?
I envisioned my life working hard as an engineer at Boeing or some other company in the PNW.  I may or may not be married because I really didn't think I was the wifey type before I met my husband.  I figured I would have been loving a life full of my friends and family.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the spice quiz!

I just took it and I'm Basil:
You are quite popular and loved by post people. You have a mild temperament, but your style is definitely distinctive.
You are sweet, attractive, and you often smell good.

hmb said...

LOL my husband was envisioning the whole engineering thing, too...He never mentioned Boeing. But he did do his internship at General Motors....Not just ANY General Motors--the plant where they make Corvettes :)

Anonymous said...

I didn't even think about looking for a spice quiz. That was the hardest question this week. I was basil, but on my blog I am cinnamon. huh. Love the PNW. Hope I never leave it.

Athena said...

Very cool quiz. Guess I am cayenne pepper! Thanks.

Our Jeremiah 29:11 Life said...

Love the spice quiz! Thank for sharing :) And I still have my blanky (sorta- see post!) too!!

Unknown said...

HMB - I did the engineer thing for a while but when I married my husband it turned out to be a not very portable career so I switched to teaching which is a lot more exciting than engineering had been and I love it. A love came out of necessity.