Tuesday, September 21, 2010

New Show: Hawaii Five-0

Fall premiere time is one of my favorite times of the year.  I love the new shows and new episodes of old favorites... but I have said this all before.

A new show is Hawaii Five-0.  This show is on Monday nights on CBS.  It is a remake of the classic show of the same name.  I have never watched the older one so I wasn't going in with any preconceived notions.  I wasn't a 100% sure I would like it but I like Alex O'Laughlin (see my review of The Back Up Plan to read why I love him) and so I wanted to give it a try.


The show starts out with Alex transporting a bad guy... some bad stuff happens, his papa gets killed and he has to return to his homeland of Hawaii.  While in Hawaii to bury his father he is approached by the governor to help her clean up the island of its seedy underbelly.  He runs in to his future buddy, Dan-O (Scott Caan), who is full of issues and decides to take the governor's offer.  He assembles himself a team and they go after the bad guy who murdered his pop and lays him to waste.  It wrapped up all very nicely with lots of action and some skin in the middle... a pretty good buddy cop show in the making.

The Buddy Cops

I am going to highly recommend this one, too.  Give it a try!!

No comments: