Thursday, October 28, 2010

MFF #19 (To Be Early Is To Be On Time)

Thanks to wifeofasailor for the questions every week. If you are new to the game and want to play just click on the button.


Here are this week's questions:

What’s the nicest thing a stranger has ever done for you?
I really wish I had a really cool answer to this question but I really don't.  I know some people are going to have awesome responses to it and I can't wait to read about the kindness of strangers.  I have had a car in front of me in Drive-Thru buy my food as well as been the cashier in the window when someone did that.  I always think that is a very nice thing to do.

If you are having a hard time going to sleep, what do you do to help yourself?
Get out of bed.  I went to an insomnia seminar when I was in college and they said that you should only ever do two things in bed: sleep and have sex.  You shouldn't watch tv, read, eat, etc.  Also, if you are having trouble sleeping get out of bed.  You should train your body to know that when you lie down in bed it is time to sleep.  So, I get out of bed go sit on the couch and read a book or something that is relaxing... watching tv/getting on the computer is not relaxing and the "blue" light from the monitors are highly stimulating to your brain.  Anyway, that seemed more like a lecture than an answer.  I don't really have a hard time falling asleep so I don't do this if ever.

Name something that makes you wish you were a kid again.
Having to pay bills... I wish I had someone else to take care of this without me knowing about it.

What is something you never believed until you experienced it?
Controller cheat codes on the Nintendo... I told my bro he was full of sh!t when he first told me he could get to the boss on Mike Tyson's Punchout just by tapping the controller while the game loaded but dammit it worked. :)

What can’t you say “no” to?
I can't think of anything... I have that word down... I am a teacher I would be screwed if I couldn't say no... and I say it a lot.  Like yesterday,
Student: "Teacher, can we have a Halloween..."
Me: "No."
Student: "What? Why not? Miss Wilson is letting her Algebra 1 kids have a party."
Me: "I said no. I don't do parties."
Student: "But..."
Me: "No. You are taking a test you can't party and have a test."
Student: "Yes, we can."
Me: "No. No. No. Now go on."

No comments: