Saturday, October 2, 2010

[TARDY] MFF #14 & #15

I have fallen a tad bit behind.  It is progress report time at school plus we had a visit from the head guy from the US and we have been adapting to changes he brought with him.  It has been crazy.  I have no excuse in slacking on my MFF duties though. HA!

Thanks to wifeofasailor for the questions every week.  If you are new to the game and want to play just click on the button.

Week #14:


What characteristic about yourself has either been strengthened or weakened due to your experience as a Military Spouse?
  • My independence.  I would like to think I could always take care of myself pretty well but when your hubby is gone for 50 % of your marriage you have to pick up the slack.  I hate doing the lawn and outdoor stuff but when he is gone it's either let it grow eye high or just put on your big girl pants and mow it down.  Yeah, it doesn't look as good as when he does it but that is just because he enjoys doing it and I don't.  That is just an example of me putting my big girl pants and taking care of the business.
What is your favorite vacation spot and why?
  • My hometown.  I love going home and hanging with my family and being in the place where I grew up.  It is a great town (If you are in Washington State you should drive East on I-90 over Snoqualmie pass and when you see a sign that advertises "Easy Thru Access" and "Home of the Warriors" take the exit.  Don't forget to stop at El Caporal for a Chile Relleno... you won't be disappointed.)  It is just a peaceful place and I always feel like my batteries are being recharged when I am there.
If you could have any fast-food restaurant in the food court on base/post what would you pick?
  • Right now we are really limited in our food court but I would guess I would want Chipotle, Five Guys or Chik-fil-A... I am craving those really bad.
Where did you go on your honeymoon?

  • We went to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.  Adam didn't want to take a honeymoon thought we should save the time and the money but I really wanted to go on one because you never really get the chance to do it again.  I had been saving airline miles and got a great deal on a room (even though the room was in a not nice neighborhood) but we had a great time and want to go back.
If you could have any job in the world regardless of money, degree or experience, which job would you have and why?
  • I have always wanted to be an astronaut.  I became an engineer with the goal of working for NASA in mind.  Life hasn't allowed for that to become a reality but I think it would be amazing to float above the earth and marvel at its beauty.

Week #15:
What is the silliest get-up you have ever worn outside of a Halloween party?
  • Words can not explain.... but I was an RA in college and we would do silly things in the name of spirit.
I am not in this pic (because I am behind the camera) but I had on the same outfit as my guys. I was the only girl on this staff and we were Braveheart for the trivia competition.

What is something that you gave up in order to live the military lifestyle?
  • Being an engineer.  Living away from my friends and family.  Having my husband around every night.
If money wasn’t a factor and you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be? And why?
  • I would love to go to Europe.  Especially Scotland to see where my ancestors are from.
If you were going to join the military, what branch would you join? Or which MOS/rating would you choose?
  • I wouldn't join the military. I question authority too much... and I like to sleep.  I did have the Navy wanting to recruit me for their Nuclear Engineering program because of my ASVAB scores but it isn't the life for me.
What is your favorite thing to make for dinner?
  • Lasagna is always a favorite.  It is good the first time and it is even better for leftovers.  Adam even likes to eat it cold.  Plus, it isn't very difficult to make.

No comments: