Monday, December 6, 2010

MFF #23


If you were given $1,000 right now, how would you spend it? 

I am always practical so I probably would put it towards bills/credit cards.

If you had to choose a movie title (a real one that already exists) for your life story, what would it be? 

"Life or Something Like It" --> Just the first thing that came to my mind and sounds pretty good.  It is a pretty good movie set in Seattle, too.

If you were a teacher, what subject would you like to teach? 

IF I was a teacher? HA! Well, being that I am a teacher and I teach Math that answers that. :D

Has being a MilSpouse changed how you view holidays or how your holidays are celebrated? If so, how? If not, what hasn’t changed? 

Usually we live far from our family so the holidays are not spent in our home but in my parents (usually) after a long plane ride.  We don't decorate either because it is pointless if we aren't there... plus our evolving religious beliefs that have went from Agnostic to Atheistic have also had an effect on how we celebrate the holiday.

What is your favorite Christmas (or whatever holiday you celebrate) memory?

I just love any memory of  my family together for Christmas.  We usually get together on Christmas Eve and then we go to El Caporal (the best Mexican food EVER) and then home for opening presents.  This hasn't changed since we were little.  When we were little Santa used to go down the street on the fire truck and when we believed in Santa we would go down and sit on his knee at the Fire Station.  When the man who was the town Santa got old and sick the tradition stopped.  Christmas morning we wait till everyone is up and then we get the Santa filled stockings (Santa still comes even though my brother and I are in our thirties) and take them in to the Living Room and open them.  For the rest of the day we watch Football (if my brother has the remote) or the parade while my mom cooks homemade raviolis.  We have early dinner and dessert, take a nap and hang out together.  The holiday is all about family and being together for us.

No comments: