Sunday, December 12, 2010

MFF #24

Oh how the time flies... I feel like I can't get this out on Friday (my Friday or America's Friday) and on top of that I can't manage to get a "real" blog post out (I am totally avoiding grading papers right now).  Next week I will be on Christmas Break so hopefully I will be able to get some form of a Christmas Letter and Korea update out there.

Anyway, here comes the fun: {Check out wifeofasailor.com for more fun times.}


What do you see your life like in 10 years?

I really don't know... hell, I don't know what my life will be like next week really. Adam may or may not be nearing retirement or else he will have gotten out long before and started putting his big brain muscles to work in the corporate world. I will still be teaching math... this is for certain. I never thought I would but I LOVE it and I won't give it up any time soon. We probably will still have a pack of yorkies entertaining us and the world with their stubborn personalities. I honestly don't see us having children... sorry mom. I just don't have the urge. I tried to make myself but if anything thinking about having kids makes me run and hide under the bed. Nothing about it sounds pleasant. I will just spoil my nephews and my best friend's kids and be done with it.

What do you like most about your job?

I love the kids. (What a change from my last answer, huh?) No, but I love being able to inspire in them things that they never thought they could do as well as things others had told them they would never do. I love it when the lightbulb comes on in their heads and they finally get it. I love the random things they say even the ones that may contain profanity... they really do say the damnedest things.

What are three things you do every day, no matter what day it is?

Brush my teeth, Brush my hair and check my email.

What would you do with an extra five hours in your day today?

Sleep... I will always choose sleep.

What is your favorite Christmas (or whichever holiday you celebrate) cookie recipe (please share!)?

I don't have one... I am not really a baker... I love eating cookies, though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't see how any teacher could go from kids at school to their own at home. So I totally get the no kids thing for you!

P.S. Your word verification is "subbe" for me. It's like it knows I'm a submariner's wife.