Thursday, May 19, 2011

MFF #41

It is Friday again.  After I walk in the school doors today we will be down to 15 days at school.  I really wish I had like 5 or 10 even but it is what it is.  So, without much further adieu here is the questions and answers.  Check out Wife of a Sailor if you want to play along or read more blogs.
What is one of the things you always do special when your husband returns from a deployment?
Spend time with him.  We aren't big flashy people.  It's his job and I deal with it and both of don't make a big deal out of deployment it is better for our sanity... we really just treat it like a really long (dangerous) TDY.

What do you do to help your spouse and/or yourself re-adjust after a deployment or long separation?
Really this is the same as the last question.  The re-adjustment is the hardest especially since we have no children so we have both gotten in to our own grooves and they didn't include the other person.  We are both very stubborn people, too, which makes breaking our grooves and making room for the other person really hard.  BUT now that I am thinking about it we FIGHT that is the true answer to the question.  We fight like the passionate people we are and then we cuddle at night.

Are you a crazy coupon clipper (I’m becoming one, so share your secrets with me)?
Absolutely not.  It has become so trendy right now and trendy things make me hiss like a vampire to religious implements.  HA! Even though you can probably prove that statement wrong in a heartbeat. :D

What’s your most treasured memory of you and your spouse (not counting your wedding – that’s a given)?
Um... I feel I have had this question before... Um... this is hard.  I have so many special memories with my hubby like when we drove from Texas to Fort Lee to take him to the Captain's Career Course... or when I spent Christmas with him in Busan, South Korea and deciding to come live here... or all of our explorations here in Korea.  OR there is the first time I saw him walk through the doors at the Dairy Queen in Pullman, WA and being so picky with his Hot Fudge Brownie Earthquake order... or our first date on my roommates birthday..... They are all treasured in my heart, too.

If you could live anywhere overseas, what would you pick and why?
Do I ever get to pick? I am overseas right now in Korea.  There are good things to Korea - the experience, some  aspects of their culture, some of the food, but I can't help to think of the bad things and the major one right now is that if you are a spouse who wants to work then don't come to Korea.  You won't be able to get a job unless you get LUCKY (like I did - and it was less luck than that I am a freaking bad ass math teacher with an Engineering background - I said it.) because on Post ALL JOBS have preference given to a Korean. This INCLUDES Burger King, PX, etc.  So, you get your Burgers and Tacos served up by a older Korean with a Master's degree instead of your neighbor's teenage son just because that is how it is and has been for 60 years - and it probably won't change because Korea NEEDS the jobs.  I will leave it at that and not go in to some of the other negatives of living here - that can be for another day.

No comments: