|Sorry about the REALLY bad iPhone photo.|
Ingredients: (like all my recipes I don't measure so I am guessing on the measurements)
This makes A LOT of soup!
- 3 large chicken breasts, chopped in 1" chunks
- 5-6 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 20 baby carrots
- 1 bunch broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 head cabbage, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 8 cups chicken stock, broth, whatever you have
- Chicken Seasoning (to taste on the chicken)
- Mrs. Dash Garlic Herb Seasoning, to taste
Add everything but the cabbage to the crockpot. Cook until the chicken is cooked (in my crackpot I cook on keep warm for about 4 hours but my keep warm is other peoples HIGH) but the longer it simmers the better the flavor. Add the cabbage (and the broccoli if you like it crisp) to the soup about 30 minutes before you plan to eat so that it is warm and cooked but not mushy.
Adam likes to add cayenne pepper before eating (he adds it to literally EVERYTHING he eats) and I have to agree it brightens up the flavors.