- 2 pounds beef, cut in 1" pieces
- 1 can RoTel
- 16 oz Tomato Sauce
- 1 - 4.5 oz can green chiles, chopped
- 1 small onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic, diced (I like to smash them and then dice them)
- 1 cup beef stock, broth, whatever you have
- Chili Powder, to taste
- Garlic Powder, to taste
- Cumin, to taste
What I Did:
- Sweat the onion and garlic and put to the side.
- In a gallon baggie put flour and garlic powder to coat the beef cubes.
- Use oil to brown the beef, put in to the crockpot when browned.
- Use the beef broth (I used bouillon) to boil out the golden bits on the bottom of the pain from browning the meat. Use a spoon to sort of scrape and get them off the pan. The broth will boil and steam (don't burn yourself) and then thicken a little.
- Add all of the other ingredients to the thickened liquid, mix thoroughly and then season with Chili Powder and Cumin
- Add sauce to the meat in the crockpot and stew on low. (I am cooking it for about 5 hours).
I will let you know how it tastes later since I just made it.