Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Today 8 Years Ago...

Today is a memorable day in my life.  Back in 2003 on went on a date with this super cute guy.  We had already hung out once but then he didn't call me for two weeks after that.  Then one day, out of the blue, he did call again and I decided to give him a second chance.

Our first date went a little like this...

Applebees for dinner (it was the only nice sit down place in the town where we went to school and I had actually been on a few dates there).  I remember what we each ate for dinner but I will spare you.  He opened doors for me, being a good ROTC cadet and all.  I didn't know how to act and at one point, in the car, I leaned out to grab the door to close it as he was shutting it and about shut my head in the car door.  He was super nervous from then on.

After that we were going to go to a movie but nothing good was playing at the theaters around town so we went to Hastings to rent a movie and got Gangs of New York.  We went back to my house to watch it in my room where my three roommates were all home.  On the way to my apartment he almost ran the red light listening to me yammer on and on about something.  Back at my place, we "watched" the movie even though I couldn't tell you what it is about. *wink*

It was also my roommate's 22nd birthday and there was cake to celebrate!

So, anyway, there is the quick and dirty of my first day with the love of my life 8 years ago.  It seems like only yesterday.  Funny how that works, eh?

1 comment:

Mrs. V said...

Aww! What a sweet story! It's adorable how you remember all the details. Congrats on making it 8 years, and wishing you many, many more!