Slow Cooker Greek Stuffed Peppers
(I am guessing on the amounts because I didn't measure I just threw it in to taste.)
1 lb. lamb (can sub for hamburger or any ground meat)
1 small yellow onion
1/4 lb. orzo
1 can diced peppers
1 tsp dried basil
3 tsp dried oregano
1 small can tomato paste
1/2 pkg frozen spinach
5 bell peppers
3 baby carrots
2 green onions
1 pkg crumbled reduced fat feta cheese
3 cloves garlic
1 c. vegetable stock
- Cook the Orzo.
- Cut the tops and seed the peppers. (Chop the tops up in to the veggies to saute.)
- Saute the onion, garlic, spinach, carrots and green onion until aromatic.
- Brown the lamb and drain the fat.
- Mix veggies, lamb, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, orzo, and
- Spoon mixture in to pepper shells.
- Spray the slow cooker with cooking spray and line the stuffed peppers in it.
- Pour the veggie stock to the bottom of the pot and cover.
- Cook on high until the peppers are cooked through (soft). My cooker is on crack and so on high took 2-2.5 hours to cook the peppers.
Adam ate guacamole with his. They are super filling. The original recipe is 639 calories per pepper and it had a lot more oil in it.