Monday, June 16, 2008

Friday the 13th

Friday the 13th blessed our home all freaking weekend long. First on Thursday my tire came unseated from the wheel while I was pulling out of my parking space at work. Thankfully it happened at slow speeds because I don’t even want to think about it other wise. In the end the tire got destroyed by being driven on, even for 50 ft, and had to be replaced. We had been planning on replacing my tires soon but this kind of picked the timing for us. I spent all of Friday dealing with that going back and forth between the dealership (I wanted to complain about Waco Nissan to Bates Nissan… I was pissed) and Discount Tires. On Saturday, we watch a woman flip her car on 190. Adam went to go help and ended up getting the baby out of the backseat but wasn’t able to really help other than that. The woman was so stupid not wearing a seatbelt and talking on her phone but the people who had gotten out of their cars to help just stood staring at each other and picking up the groceries that had flown out of her car. I swear they only let people with no brains live in Killeen. Adam also had his truck keyed this weekend… that is always a nice thing to find on a brand new truck. We got our surround sound wired though for the new tv position in our living room. We have drug out our flooring project long enough and we need to wrap it up by putting the baseboards back up but they still need to be painted and cut. UGH!
Finally, one of my former college roommates, Melissa and her hubby had their first child on Friday. She has the cutest cheeks!

I stole the picture from her daddy's Facebook page!

No comments: