Saturday, August 29, 2009

One Week Down

All right. Week one with the students has wrapped and it has been an interesting one. First, like promised last year the classes are large. I have up to 30 students in my classes where as last year my largest class was about 25. 5 students doesn't sound like a big difference but it really is especially when every single one of them has a question and is on the verge of giving up on you. I really need to figure out some new strategies and change my teaching style for at least one of my classes. Very frustrating. On the other hand there is some nasty politics going on amongst the adults and that just sucks. The kids you can deal with because you can make adjustmensts and change things whereas the adults you can't change. It really sucks and just adds to the high stress that is already rampant. We will see what happens in week two.
Later.

No comments: