Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Day 5: Ideal Future Career

Google Image Search
Google Image Search
Google Image Search
The Teacher Rollercoaster
I used to be an Engineer in a previous life.  It was a good career path, for the most part.  I loved making things on the computer and then watching them be created out of metal and used to make things work.
I used to supervise the building of these.
... and these.
But then I decided that I needed a job that was a little easier to travel with considering what my husband does for a living.  I tapped in to my love of mathematics and my hatred of sitting all day at a desk and decided to go in to Education.  I can tell you I am not going to go back.  My heart is 100% in to it.  The students are what makes it and although I had thought that the At-Risk kids would  be my least favorite they now hold a special place in my heart.  I mean, how can they not?  They struggle at life but still manage to keep their chins up.  I love the voracity of the human spirit.  Anyway, my love of math and my passion for education has developed me in to one BA teacher!!

2 comments:

Julie Danielle said...

Awesome! My brother is in school to become a junior high math teacher :)

Anonymous said...

Thank God for Math teachers with passion! I love Jimmy Falons character in Fever Pitch. I would have loved a teacher like that. Good luck and have fun!