Wednesday, September 1, 2010

30 Days of Me - Day 02

Day 2 is Favorite Movie.

I love movies.  I think they are great ways to escape reality for a little while and experience your emotions.  I get in to movies.  I laugh loud and sometimes sob hard, too.  I love movies that take you with them and not focus on a lot of one-liners.  I also love movies that show you the great side of the human spirit... its resilience and its compassion.  For 2 hours you can just escape in to the darkness with some snacks and just let go of yourself for a dream land in front of you.

I have a lot of favorite movies and if you go to my other blog (that I have been slacking on since I have been in Korea and not going to the theater as much) you will see a long list of movies I adore.

This isn't about my love of movies but about A (1) favorite.  Having to pick one I am going to have to go with the holiday classic, It's a Wonderful Life.  I love Jimmy Stewart.  I also love this movie because just when you think all is lost you see the great side of people and how they step up to help someone who has given everything for them.  I cry every time George (Jimmy) realizes he is in love with Mary (Donna Reed).  They are on the phone with Sam, her boyfriend, his friend, and he starts shaking her then crying and muttering "Oh Mary," in to her hair because he has been trying to fight it holding on to wanting to go see the world; not be tied down to the town.  She is so happy because she has been in love with him ever since High School, when they fell in to the pool doing the Lindy hop.  Love, love, love it.

No comments: