Thursday, September 16, 2010

30 Days of Me - Day 17

Day Seventeen is a piece of art.

Every once in a while I like to dabble in a little drawing, sculpting, painting... and other artsy things.  I think it is my mom coming out in me.  I used to think I had a knack for it and then when I was in college I was majoring in Architecture and as such had to take a drawing class.  The pretentious TA that was teaching the class laughed at a drawing I had spent a great amount of time on and told me he "hoped I was taking this class for fun" and made me cry and want to drop out of school.  I didn't drop out of school but I did change my major to Mechanical Engineering which was a way better fit.

Recently (within the last few years) I have really become a lover of the Pop Art movement especially Roy Lichtenstein.
Roy Lichtenstein, Kiss V, 1964
I tried to copy "Kiss V" and I had issues with the dots and totally messed the hand up but overall didn't think it was too bad for a first try.
Megan Dub-Yuh, Kiss V, 2009


Then I did my own.

Megan Dub-Yuh, Poker Gal, 2009

No comments: